• 2 x Yellow Birch stock (7" wide)
• 2 x Yellow Birch stock (4½ " wide)
• 2 x Cherry stock (6½ " wide)
• 1 x Basswood stock (6" wide)
I also got them cut up strips from other shorts to end up with:
• 3 x Cherry shafts (1⅛" square)
• 3 x Yellow Poplar shafts (1⅛" square)
• 6 x ½" wide cherry strips (1½" thick) for laminating edges & accents)
Also found was a damaged piece of walnut 4" wide that could still be salvaged. I had them rip it down the middle and intend to laminate it with a thin central piece of Poplar left over from ripping strips for shafts. With this and all the other scraps from before, I should be able to make some colourful laminated blades soon too.
L to R: 2xCherry, Narrow Birch, Walnut+Poplar to laminate, Wide Birch, Basswood
Maple offcuts, Cherry shafts & strips, Poplar shafts & shorts, leftover Maple shafts
Stacked temporarily in the locker room - getting tight in there!